Please contact CS Allen King or PR Chair Linda Pugliese to have your club events added to the District calendar. Click here to access calendar in any web browser.
Lion Presidents and Secretaries,
It is that time of year again when we are getting ready for the Back Pack for Kids project. This will insure that many of the children that start school will have the needed supplies to succeed in school.
This year we will have one location as we did last year, the location will be the San Martin Lions Hall. The date will be Saturday July 28th and the time will be 11:00am to start back pack stuffing. Last year we did 2000 back Packs and it took around two hours to complete the process.
As in the past if you order back packs you need to have at least one of your club members to help with the assembly and pick-up of the back packs you have ordered. This is a fun event and if you have participated in the past you have firsthand knowledge of what a great time we have.
The cost of the back packs this year is $17.00. This includes the backpack and all the supplies that are stuffed into it. The retail cost for the backpacks alone is $19.95 but because of buying in bulk we are able to keep the cost down to $17.00.
An order form for the backpacks is enclosed for you convenience. Remember to submit your order form by June 15th so we can insure that all supplies are on hand for the event.
We hope you will join us on July 28th for this worthwhile project.
Richard Silveria Judy Froom
Richard Silveria Judy Froom
Backpack for Kids Backpack for Kids
Chairperson Chairperson Emeritus
Backpack Order Forms
Club Contact Person________________________________
City and zip code ____________________________________________
Cost of Backpacks (containing school supplies) $17 each
Cost of Backpacks only $7.00 each
Total due $___________________Each order MUST be accompanied by a check.
Each order must be received by June 15th, 2018
There will be only one location to assemble and pick- up backpacks.
Saturday July 28, 2018 at 11:00 pm at San Martin Lions Hall
12415 Murphy Ave in San Martin
If you have any questions, please contact: Lion Rick Silveria
408 226-9063 or 408 613-0737
Make checks payable to and mail form to: Almaden Super Lions Charitable Foundation
PO Box 18511
San Jose, CA 95158
PLEASE NOTE: If you order backpacks, at least 1 member of your club MUST help with the assembly and pick-up of the backpacks you ordered. We suggest you make prior arrangements to drop the backpacks off at the schools or with your school contact person. We let the schools distribute the backpacks, due to privacy issues with the children.
CONVENTION PROGRAM DETAILS
Wednesday, May 16
PLEASE WEAR CONVENTION BADGES FOR ALL FUNCTIONS
6:00pm-8:00 pm Registration …….Mt. Diablo Room PDG Jan Miller
- Drop off Brag Boards, Scrap Books, PDG Banners & Goody Bags
- Club Banners will be kept by each club to be part of the parade.
4-C6 DISTRICT CONVENTION – SAN RAMON MARRIOTT – May 16 -20
FINAL CONVENTION UPDATE:
- Certification closes at 8:00 AM Sat morning. No Exceptions. You must be certified in order to be eligible to Vote.
- Voting will be Sat morning from 6:30am to 10:00am (must be certified to vote).
- Food Faire Contest Sat. 12noon – 1:30pm – NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED: Contact Activities Chair IPDG Barbara Chamberlain to reserve your table.
Judging will be on 4 areas:
- a. Theme; b. Taste; c. Decorations; d. Customer Service
- Tail Twister Contest – Contact Lion Peter Herrera to enter.
Rules: Limited to 5 people; 3 minutes max; Provide your own music;
- Hotel Rooms for 4-C6 Closes as of today 4/30. Contact Housing Chair PDG Jan Miller. Registration only will be open for $60 per person.
- Governor Roast – Thursday pm – Contact Lion Greg Snow to be a Roaster.
- Reminder No Alcohol outside of Hospitality Rooms and No Alcohol at Food Court. May purchase at Hotel Bar.
- Convention Badges must be worn for all events.
- PDG Banners must be in by Friday @ 3PM in order to be hung for Friday night dinner
- Program Details will be Posted on District web site no later than Friday, May 4th.
Looking forward to everyone having a Fun Convention Time.
Save the date, Saturday June 23, 2018, and join the fun at the District 4-C6 Camp for Kids Diabetes Type 1 Fundraiser. Doors open at 11:00 AM, BBQ Lunch and Festivities from 12 to 4 PM.
Tickets: $55 Purchase tickets from any District 4-C6 Lions Club or members. You also can go online to RSVP, place your ticket order and your tickets will be held at Will Call on event day. Checks are payable to DYF. (Diabetes Youth Families) Deadline to RSVP June 18. email: email@example.com Use “DYF Event Tickets” for subject email and in your message give your contact information and the number and names to RSVP.
Proceeds from this event support Camp De Los Ninos, sponsored by Diabetes Youth Families, DYF.
Returning again is outstanding entertainer Jay Alexander, with his amazing performance of magic, psychology and human lie detection. There will be a no host bar, delicious BBQ by the Los Gatos Lions, and wonderful items to bid on at the silent auction. Auction items include a fabulous condo vacation in Maui and Lake Tahoe. The DYF organization provides education and recreation within a supportive community, encouraging personal growth, knowledge and independence.
Discover your inner artist and let your creativity flow. Come join us at the San Martin hall for an evening of guided painting instructions. Enjoy a glass of wine and some appetizers while an instructor steps you through creating your first masterpiece.
Saturday, April 28, 2019
6:30 to 9:30 pm
$40.00, includes all your supplies
San Martin Community Hall
12415 Murphy Ave.
San Martin, CA 95046
Contact Lion President Jane Stevens or download San_Martin_Paint_Nite for signup details.
CELEBRATE EARTH DAY PICNIC
SATURDAY, APRIL 21st
WITH THE CABRILLO LIONS CLUB
Cabrillo Lions Clubhouse
Aptos Village Park
100 Aptos Creek Road
LIVE MUSIC * BBQ * POTLUCK * GAMES
Lions Specialty Clubs: Lions Culture Specialty Clubs help immigrants adjust to a new country. Through Lions club membership they extend their reach and work along with their neighbors to address community needs.
Date: April 14 (Sat) 10:00-2:00.
Purchase lunch tickets or RSVP here
- 9:45 a.m. -– 10:00 a.m. Registration
- 10:00 a.m Welcome
- 10:30 a.m. -– 11:00 a.m. Sheriff Laurie Smith — Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Department
- 11:05 a.m. -– 12:00 p.m. Carol Adamski — Life and Professional Coaching
- 12:00 p.m. -– 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. -– 1:30 p.m. TBD
- 1:30 p.m. -– 2:00 p.m. Closing Remarks
Pre-registration is strongly encouraged. Cost (Includes Lunch and snacks): $15 paid online in advance or check/cash at the door. Please make check payable to District 4-C6 Lions. Contact us at Nancy Williamson firstname.lastname@example.org