It is the Friday evening before the Lions for Hope take a single step in this year’s City of Hope Walk for Hope for a Cure for Breast Cancer, and we have already broken the $12,000 level in funds raised! Though tomorrow morning promises to be wetter than last year, it will be an exuberent bunch in purple and pink as we step off from Justin Hermann Plaza, knowing that we are raising so much money for such an important cause. Those who wish to add funds to our total may visit the Lions for Hope web site and look for instructions on how to donate on the right side of the page. You may even pick the member of the team whom you wish to support!
Let’s hear a roar of applause for our team captain and cheerleader, Linda Pugliese, whose inspirational leadership has gotten us to this point!
What better way to show off Lions spirit and be highly visible to the public than to join our District 4-C6 Lions team and thousands of walkers in the City of Hope Walk for Hope to Cure Breast Cancer.
- When – Saturday, October 4, 2008, 9:00 a.m (we’ll carpool and caravan from San Jose)
- Where – Ferry Building to AT&T Park and back (5K – 3 miles) in San Francisco
- How much – $30 to join the team or donate to any team member in any amount
- Why – to support City of Hope in their research, education and treatment efforts to cure breast cancer and have a fun morning with fellow Lions along The Embarcadero in San Francisco
- How – go to http://tinyurl.com/lionsforhope and click on Join Our Team or make a donation to a team member by clicking on their name
All are welcome to join in support of our team members: grammas in walkers, children in strollers, even your dog on a pink leash. Join in the festivities at the park after the walk, face painting for the children (grownups too), vendors, giveaways and music.
For more information go to www.lionsforhope.blogspot.com or e-mail email@example.com
Total Raised to Date: $4,370
Last year we raised $10,565
Lions for Hope 2007