For those interested, we are honoring various groups of Lions at the meals during convention:
- Club Presidents and Spouses are being honored at the Friday Night Dinner, May 10th at 7:00 p.m..
- Club Secretaries and their Spouses are being honored at the Saturday Morning Breakfast, May 11th at 7:30 a.m.
- Past District Governors, Past Cabinet Secretaries/Treasurers and Spouses are being honored at the Friday Lunch, May 10th at Noon.
- District Cabinet Officers and Spouses will be honored at the Saturday Night Dinner, May 11th at 7:00 p.m.
- On Saturday, a Grand March at 6:45 p.m. will occur for the cabinet and spouses and visiting dignitaries prior to dinner. Formal attire is requested: white dinner jackets for men and long dresses for women.
See you at convention!
SAVE THE DATES:
May 14, 2013, Tuesday at 9:00 AM at the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisor Chamber located at 70 West Hedding, San Jose, CA.
May 21, 2013, Tuesday at 7:00 PM at Milpitas City Council chamber, 2nd floor, 455 East Calaveras Blvd. Milpitas, CA.
For over 80 years individual Lions clubs and districts in the United States, Canada and other countries has been collecting used eyeglasses to be donated to needy people throughout developing countries. In October 1994 the Lions Eyeglasses Recycling Program was adopted as an official service activity of the Lions Clubs International. In 2012-13 Lions clubs received more than 3,235,917 pairs of reusable eyeglasses.
Eyeglass recycling boxes are distributed by District 4-C6 Clubs in different locations. Lions members volunteer their time and services by collecting used eyeglasses for donation, cleaning, repairing, classifying and distributing them to other Lions Clubs hosting optical missions in various countries.
Thank you to all the clubs for your continuously supporting this project.