By Lion Jan Miller, Salinas Host Lion
Hope and Parsons Village offers a haven for patients and their families during distressing times and it requires a lot of upgrades. This is an affordable on-campus housing that enables patients to remain close to medical treatment and supportive care services while continuing their outpatient care. Approximately half of all patients stay for free due to significant financial constraints. This village provides 40 bungalows that give patients a private space to call their own while giving them access to the medical care they need. The Village has not been upgraded for 15 years!
This is what the upgrades would cover!
- Renovation of the Village Center lounge.
- Conversion of a patio into indoor space.
- A new Living and dining room furniture.
- Expanded computer area and patient library.
- Village kitchen with new appliances, cabinets and countertops.
- Installation of a new air conditioning system, new windows and doors.
- Expansion & renovation of the reception area and office space.
- Upgrade of the Cuervo Comedy Theater, including new lighting, furniture and audio/visual equipment.
- New entrance doors.
- Expansion of the front veranda, including a larger porch.
- Garden landscaping, seating and a water feature.
The campaign for the family Center, with a goal of $1 Million for the next five years, will provide for the restoration of the Family Center in Hope and Parsons Village, and it’s renaming as the Lion’s Club’s International Family Center at City of Hope. City of Hope has a 53 year partnership with the Lions, and look forward to the future. Your campaign will help make this vital facility for the patients and their families even more comfortable, beautiful and welcoming, giving all who stays there a place where they can rest and recuperate.
Donations of any amount from individuals or Clubs are accepted and appreciated. Please make checks payable to City of Hope and include “Lions Family Center” in the memo line and mail to
Lions Family Center – c/o Nancy Lewis
Director of Development – City of Hope
1055 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 100
Los Angeles, Ca. 90017
This is my goal for the next five years, to make this a project of District 4-C6. Please join all the Lion’s in California to make this a worthwhile project!
Attached is the Donation form for you to use and information on Ronald McDonald House Charities and Pop Tabs!