The Latest Consumer Scams and Everyday Pitfalls
in cooperation with
Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office
Date: August 18, 2014
Time: 7:00 PM
Venue: Brandon’s Restaurant at the Beverly Heritage Hotel
1820 Barber Lane, Milpitas
Topic: The Latest Consumer Scams and Everyday Pitfalls
Deputy District Attorney Johnny Cepeda Gogo
Director of Mediation Services Patti McRae
Some of the topics to be discussed are:
- Do I have three days to cancel the purchase of a new or used car?
- Must a store take back a purchase and refund my money?
- What do I do when a mechanic wants more money for a car repair than shown on the estimate?
- I received a card in the mail telling me that I won a prize and to claim it - I must send $19.95. Is this OK?
- A merchant charged me an extra fee for the use of my credit card. Is this wrong?
- A local store advertises a product at a given price without disclosing that there are additional hidden costs. Can I get the advertised price? To whom do I report this?
- And many more…
Come get the latest information on how to protect yourself as a consumer.
Dinner Cost is $13.00 (Tax & Tip included. Cash or Check Only).
For details: Call PDG Ray Maglalang, Club chair 408-262-8425