AMERICAN DIABETES ASSOCIATION STEP OUT WALK SUNDAY 0CT 14, 2012
LOCATION: San Jose Guadalupe River Park Arena Green- between W St John and Santa Clara Streets by HP Pavillion
This will be the 5th year that the Lions have had a team at the ADA WALK. By joining the WALK Lions can show others that raising money to STOP DIABETES is important to Lions since diabetes is the leading cause of preventable blindness. Please JOIN the LIONS DISTRICT 4C6 TEAM by:
1. Go to www.diabetes.org/stepoutsanjose
2. Choose join an existing team
3. Enter team name – Lions District 4-C6
4. Click at far right of team name – Join Team
5. Select either – Step Out Walker, OR Red Strider (participant with Diabetes), OR Virtual Walker – so you and others you invite to donate to our team.
**Please consider making a donation to our Lions team by your Club in addition to you joining our Lions District team and getting donations from your family, friends, neighbors. Raise $100 to receive a Step Out t-shirt.
Enjoy healthy living fair, free health screenings, lunch, kids play zone, raffle prizes, live music.
- Check-in starts at 7:00 am
- Meet at 8:30 am at the Lions AJ Robinson Mobile Screening Unit parked near the tennis courts for a team photo.
- Wear your Lions shirt, hat, vest, jacket so everyone will know who our team is.
- 10K (6 miles) walk/run starts at 9:am
- 5K walk/run starts at 9:15 am
- 1 mile walk/run starts at 9:30 am
Questions contact ADA Step Out Walk Co-Chairs:
Lion Val Isaacson Almaden Super Lions c 408-464-3896
Lion Verna Perales Sarte SJ North Valley c 408-431-5133